Locating HIV/AIDS Services

Just find out you're HIV positive? Get into medical care as soon as possible to stay healthy and prevent passing HIV to others. Use the HIV testing and care services locator to find HIV-related services near you. HIV positive? Help is available to get the services you need to stay healthy and stick to your HIV treatment plan.
Pin It

Where Can I Find HIV-Related Services?

After you are diagnosed with HIV, it’s important to get into medical care as soon as possible. With treatment, you can stay healthy, live longer, and reduce the chances that you will transmit HIV to others.

To help you maintain your health and stick to your HIV treatment plan, depending on your circumstances, you may also need other services such as housing support, mental health services, substance abuse treatment.

Use the HIV Testing and Care Services Locator to find services near you:

Find HIV/AIDS Prevention & Service Providers

For more information on this widget, please visit

Below are some other Federal resources that may be useful.

Get Answers to Your HIV Questions

  • CDC-INFO offers live agents to help you find the up-to-date, reliable, consistent, and science-based health information on HIV and other health topics. Call 1-800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636). TTY: 888-232-6348. Open 24/7. Service available in English and Spanish.

  • NIH's AIDSInfo offers information on HIV treatment, prevention and research. Health information specialists provide customized, confidential answers to your questions about HIV/AIDS clinical trials and treatment. Call 1-800-HIV-0440 (1-800-448-0440). TTY: 1-888-480-3739. Service available in English and Spanish.

More Help to Find HIV-Related Services

  • State HIV/AIDS Hotlines will put you in touch with agencies in your area that can help you find out what HIV-related services you might be eligible for and how you can access them.

  • HRSA’s Ryan White HIV/AIDS Medical Care Provider Locator helps you find Ryan White providers in your area. The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program provides HIV-related services to those who do not have sufficient health care coverage or financial resources to cope with HIV disease. The program fills gaps in care not met by other payers.

  • HRSA’s Health Center Locator helps you find a community health center near you. In over 8,500 locations across the United States, community health centers provide primary medical and dental care to people of all ages, even if you have no health insurance. You pay what you can afford, based on your income. They can be found in most cities and many rural areas.  Health centers offer HIV testing as well as care and treatment for those diagnosed with HIV.

  • VA’s Veterans Health Administration Locator helps Veterans, their families and dependents/survivors find medical facilities by state. The VA is the largest provider of HIV care in the country, with over 22,000 Veterans in HIV care. VA provides HIV testing and care to all eligible veterans regardless of sexual orientation or prior or current substance use. Call 1-877-222-VETS (8387) for assistance finding the services you need.

Help Finding and Applying for Health Care Coverage

  • helps people find and apply for quality, affordable health care coverage. Call 1-800-318-2596 for 24/7 assistance. TTY: 1-855-889-4325. Or use the Local Help Locator to find people and organizations in your community who can help you apply, enroll, and answer your questions. (Note: There are yearly open enrollment periods. But you may qualify for a special enrollment period if you have certain life changes, or qualify for Medicaid or CHIP. Visit to learn more.) Read more about the Affordable Care Act and people living with HIV.

Housing Assistance

Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services

  • SAMHSA’s Mental Health Services Locator helps you find mental health treatment facilities and programs in your local area. Call 1-800-662-HELP (4357). TTY: 1-800-487-4889. Open 24/7. Free and confidential information in English and Spanish.

  • SAMHSA’ Substance Abuse Treatment Locator helps you find alcohol and drug abuse/addiction treatment facilities and programs. Call 1-800-662-HELP (4357). TTY: 1-800-487-4889. Open 24/7. Free and confidential information in English and Spanish.

  • SAMHSA’s Suicide Prevention Lifeline offers 24/7 assistance. Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

  • SAMHSA’s Veterans Crisis Line offers 24/7 assistance for Veterans in crisis and their loved ones. Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) and Press 1.

STD Testing

  • CDC’s STD testing locator can help you find sites near you to get tested for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), or get vaccines to protect against two STDs—the human papillomavirus (HPV) and Hepatitis B (HBV). STDs can be more extensive, harder to treat, or recurrent in people living with HIV. In addition, it is easier to content and/or transmit HIV if either you or your partner (or both of you) has an STD.

Related Topics on

Last revised: 04/27/2015