- HIV/AIDS 101
- Reduce Your Risk
- HIV Testing
- Prevention Research
- Just Diagnosed
- HIV In Your Body
- Find Care & Treatment
- Understand Your Test Results
- Treatment Options
- Your Legal Rights
- Talking About Your Status
- Helping Someone Recently Diagnosed
- Staying Healthy
- Taking Care Of Yourself
- Potential Related Health Problems
- Friends & Family
- Policies &
- PEPFAR &
- National HIV/AIDS
- Recursos en
- News &
- National Black HIV Awareness Day
- National Women & Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- National Native HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day
- HIV Vaccine Awareness Day
- National Asian & Pacific Islander Awareness Day
- Hepatitis Testing Day
- Caribbean American HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- National HIV Testing Day
- National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day
- National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- National Latino AIDS Awareness Day
- World AIDS Day
- 30 Years of AIDS
- Facing AIDS
- Viral Hepatitis
- Awareness Days
What are widgets?
A web widget is a small application that you can embed in a social network site, blog, or website to share content. For example, you can develop your own widget to push out your content or you can copy the code from an existing widget to automatically bring content into your website or blog. Common content of widgets are photo and video viewers, polls, fundraising, or RSS feeds (e.g. Twitter, news headlines on a particular subject). There are many free or inexpensive services that provide tools to create, customize, and distribute your widget. Some examples include Snacktools, Gigya, and Widgetbox.
How can I use widgets in response to HIV?
- Share content from your blog or website about HIV prevention, testing, treatment policy, or research.
- Share photos or videos from HIV-related events and activities, like an AIDS walk or benefit.
- Conduct polls or surveys about your HIV services.
- Support and automatically track HIV-related fundraising efforts.
What are some examples from the field?
- U.S. Federal Government HIV Prevention and Service Provider Locator
- Federal Inter-Agencies HIV/AIDS News Feed Widget
- Healthcare.gov’s widgets and badges
- POZ Magazine’s HIV News Widget
- HHS’ Widget Listing
- HealthHIV Widget
- HHS Office of Minority Health HIV/AIDS Prevention Bilingual Glossary Widget
Where can I learn more?
Last revised: 07/01/2013