- HIV/AIDS 101
- Reduce Your Risk
- HIV Testing
- Prevention Research
- Just Diagnosed
- HIV In Your Body
- Find Care & Treatment
- Understand Your Test Results
- Treatment Options
- Your Legal Rights
- Talking About Your Status
- Helping Someone Recently Diagnosed
- Staying Healthy
- Taking Care Of Yourself
- Potential Related Health Problems
- Friends & Family
- Policies &
- PEPFAR &
- National HIV/AIDS
- Recursos en
- How to Use
- News &
- National Black HIV Awareness Day
- National Women & Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- National Native HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- HIV Vaccine Awareness Day
- National Asian & Pacific Islander Awareness Day
- Hepatitis Testing Day
- Caribbean American HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- National HIV Testing Day
- National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day
- National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- National Latino AIDS Awareness Day
- World AIDS Day
- AIDS 2012
- 30 Years of AIDS
- Facing AIDS
- Viral Hepatitis
- Awareness Days
Video Sharing Sites
What are video sharing sites?
Video sharing sites allow you to upload and share online videos similar to photo sharing sites. Video sharing sites store the videos and invite you to share them in a variety of ways.
One of the most common video sharing sites is YouTube . Others include dotSUB for captioned videos and ICYou , a video sharing site just for health videos. These sites share much in common with online social network sites, such as Facebook and MySpace —users can connect with each other, send messages, leave comments, and share videos.
Video sharing sites in response to HIV
- Share videos of HIV-related content such as prevention, testing, treatment and research messages.
- Engage, connect, listen, and learn from volunteers, patients, and colleagues.
Examples from the Field
- CDC and the University of Georgia’s New Media Institute HIV testings PPSAs
- amfAR’s YouTube Channel
- AIDS.gov’s YouTube Channel and ICYou Channel .
- The Positive Project’s Videos
- Poz’s Videos
- The Body.com’s Videos
- Southern AIDS Living Quilt’s Videos
Where can I learn more?
Video Sharing Sites (PDF - 614 KB)
A one page reference regarding video sharing sites, what they are, and how they are being used in the fight against HIV/AIDS.
Last revised: 08/07/2009