AIDS.gov Webinar Archive
Featured Webinar: The Federal Digital Strategy and Opportunities for the Federal HIV Workforce
On August 14, 2012, AIDS.gov hosted "The Federal Digital Strategy and Opportunities for the Federal HIV Workforce" webinar/conference call for Federal staff.
This webinar/conference provided Federal staff with an overview of the Federal Digital Strategy (PDF 660KB), the impact on their programs, and how it is being implemented at the agency level. A key element of the Strategy is to allow for Federal data and information to be shared anytime, anywhere, on any device. Speakers were:
- Gwynne Kostin, Director, Digital Services Innovation Center, Office of Citizen Services & Innovative Technologies, GSA
- Prudence Goforth, Director, Web Communications and New Media Division, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs, HHS
- Fred Smith, Technology Team Lead, Electronic Media Branch, Division of News and Electronic Media, Office of the Associate Director for Communications, CDC
- Rick Holgate, Assistant Director for Science and Technology and Chief Information Officer, ATF
A question and answer period followed.
Learn more about HHS' implementation of the Digital Government Strategy. Read more about the Digital Strategy on the AIDS.gov blog.
Listen to More AIDS.gov Webinars
HIV Testing for an AIDS-Free Generation (June 26, 2012)
The following speakers discussed the status of global and domestic HIV testing as a tool to move toward an AIDS-free generation:
- Dr. Grant Colfax, Director, White House Office of National AIDS Policy
- Dr. Jonathan Mermin, Director, Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, CDC
- Dr. Caroline Ryan, Director of Technical Leadership, Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator, Department of State
- Mr. Richard Klein, Director, FDA Patient Liaison Program, Office of Special Health Issues, FDA
- Dr. Maggie Czarnogorski, Deputy Director, Clinical Public Health Programs, VA
- Mr. David Vos, Director, Office of HIV/AIDS Housing, HUD
- Dr. Deborah Parham Hopson, Associate Administrator for HIV/AIDS, HRSA
- Dr. Linda Youngman, Branch Chief, Community Grants and Program Development, Center for Substance Abuse Prevention, SAMHSA
Slides (PDF 1.72 MB)
Transcript (PDF 89 KB)